Monday, September 3, 2012

Sock Bun



Rarely, I have an amazing day of hair. We've all had them, when we wake up and our hair looks like we just styled it; I absolutely adore these days. But on those sadder days, I wake up with crazy hair and I HAVE to do something about it. It takes so much time to straighten, curl, or braid my hair and sometimes I'm just not in the mood to do all that work. That's when I revert to the sock bun! It's so easy and it looks adorable. You're first few times might be tricky, but trust me if I can do it, so can you! It took me some practice until I got mine to look the way I wanted. The perfect sock bun will come!

What you need:
  • a clean sock
  • scissors 
  • rubberband/ hair elastic 
10 Easy Steps:
1. Cut off the toe of your sock

2. Pick one side of the sock

3. Roll the toe-less sock into a donut shape and keep rolling it back

4. Put your hair in a high ponytail or whatever spot on your head you want it to be

5. Brush out your ponytail (it makes it easier)

6. Put the hair inside the rolled sock

7. Make sure the rolled sock is up to the end of your hair

8. Tuck in the tips of your hair around the sock

9. Keep rolling your hair around the sock until it reaches your head

10. Check to make sure no part of the sock is showing. If it does, lightly move your hair so it covers

Enjoy your perfect sock bun and get ready for tons of compliments! :)


6 comments:

  1. that's really cool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely trying this tomorrow!!! thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome werk the sock bun!

    -janessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely love this

    ReplyDelete
  5. EVERY TIME I DO IT YOU CAN SILL SEE THE SOCK BUT AWSOME

    ReplyDelete